Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Where did the weekend go?

I spent it hanging with friends and knitting in a leisurely way, but it still went too fast!

Highlights:

- Finished the cutest booties for a colleague who just had a little girl. They're like the ones i knit Violet, but pink, because the colleague actualy gave birth before I began knitting.

- Showed the baby blanket to the mama-to-be, who was thrilled.

- Had the world's best spaghetti bolognese thanks to a friend of ours. Matt, you rock.

- Wished my pa a happy birthday and called him 'old man" only oh, maybe a dozen times on Friday night. And he loved every minute of it.

So far this week, I've seen In Her Shoes - a media freebie thanks to a friend at a local weekly women's magazine (crappy movie but not a bad goodie bag) and learned that my baby brother is moving to Malaysia in January. I'm proud of him, but I'm going to miss (and worry about) him a lot.

Oh, and The Trouser's parents are moving. They have a crazy scheme that they're uprooting themselves for completely, and all for the wrong reasons. Even if the scheme was well thought out and made sense, their motivations are all wrong. It drives me mad, so I'm avoiding them for the next few weeks so I don't slip up in a moment of pressure and tell them what I really think!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

i'm craving spaghetti bolognese too... yum!!!

9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home