Friday, October 07, 2005

Can I be too involved in my knitting?

Confession time: amongst my many dreams last night (they've been extraordinarily vivid recently, but I don't know why), I dreamt about going to Spotlight.

Actually, I dreamed about going to 3 Spotlight stores and not finding any good yarn (kind of par for the course, given the dearth of good stuff here), except for one ball of Noro, which was only NZ$6.30 (crazy cheap!). But I didn't buy it.

And as I've been working today I've felt regret. It took me a moment to realise it was a *dream* mistake, not a real-life one.

Which brings me to my question: Can I be too involved in my knitting?

I'm not neglecting any of my domestic, work, family or fiancee related duties. I even manage to find time to read. But is there such a thing as too much?

3 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

I don't know if it's a bad sign or not, but I dreamt about Noro last night too! It was a museum exhibition about Noro yarns and they were tossing out skeins of new yarn into the crowd. Talk about letdown when I woke up. At least you're not the only one!

2:56 pm  
Blogger Violet said...

As long as knitting isn't getting in the way of your relationships and work, then it's just a healthy obsession. I used to have one - now I'm too busy doing the feed/nappy change/burp.

5:55 pm  
Blogger Shoebedoobedoo said...

Is there such a group as Knitterholics Anonymous I wonder?

4:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home