Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hanging out for Harry

Because I am a librarian's daughter, I like my books to be nice. And in my world, nice means that if I buy a series of books, they have to be matching.

If one's hard cover, they all have to be hard cover. They all have to be the same format (small or large-sized paperbacks, for example), and be a matching set.

When I bought the first 3 Harry Potter books, I got the paperbacks. They were a lot cheaper than the hardbacks (being a librarian's daughter, I know that getting 3 books for the price of 2 is a good deal), and they were there.

The situation backfires every time a new book is released, though - I have to wait 6 months for the paperbacks to appear to get my very own copy.

It is a long wait.

I know, I could get over the matching thing and just buy a copy.

I could reserve at my local library for only NZ$1 and read it (if my name ever came to the front of the line). Though I do object to paying for what I think should be part of the library's core services...

So the upshot is this: no, I haven't read it yet, and yes, I am dying to. Roll on January!

Meanwhile, this made me smile: the value of a Galleon in Euros or pounds. Obviously it was a slow day at the office for them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home