Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck

As I was meandering home today (it really was a bit of a meander - must remember to pay more attention when crossing busy streets, as not everyone will wait for me to finish), I saw something really, **really** disgusting.

This - this - this *person*, walking in front of me and talking to his friend, pauses briefly during their conversation, casually turns his head, and hoicks a great big fat loogie on the pavement, then turns his head back and casually saunters on, continuing the conversation.

EW!

There is never, ever an excuse to spit in the street. Not for runners, not for children, not for people from different cultures where it is common to spit, not for people who need to get rid of something yucky-tasting.

People, they are variously called rubbish bins, garbage cans, or trash receptacles. They are pretty much everywhere in my neighbourhood.

There are no valid excuses! NO SPITTING IN THE DAMN STREET!

2 Comments:

Blogger Frances said...

Oh, I am SO with you on this one!

As a kid, I lived in Singapore, where it is a common thing. I thought it was DISGUSTING!

Here, it's mainly the Asians that do it (cultural thing I s'pose!).

But yeah, if I've got to spit, I wait til I'm in private!

7:03 pm  
Blogger Violet said...

I've seen kids do it too. And I'm annoyed at the amount of littering I see too. I'd confront them about it, only I'd probably get beaten up.

5:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home