Thursday, August 24, 2006

Guilty pleasures

Everyone has their guilty pleasures, right?

Mine include watching American soap-style dramas (Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, and the ilk), plus Aussie and NZ versions of the same (Neighbours, Home and Away, Shortland Street). I also like happy music, even when it's cheesy.

I also like Reese's peanut butter cups, orange cheese, and junk food generally - but I don't feel guilty about them, it's all a part of my heritage!

So I have enough exposure to trash, right? Which is why it is SO FRUSTRATING when trash I don't really like keeps getting in my face. Like Paris Hilton's new song. It's catchy, it's happy... as a consequence, I've found myself singing it pretty much all day, every day for the past two weeks.

Now that is sad. Very sad.

WHY??? Why world? I consume enough trash already!

I can feel my brain cells dying a painful death as I type...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i felt the exact same way about that song... i thought it was such a cute song, until i found out who was singing. i nearly died of shame.

btw, i'm a big fan of gilmore girls and reese's peanut butter cups are my favorite candy. and speaking of junk, any reality show favorites? =)

12:19 pm  
Blogger Violet said...

I wouldn't put Gilmore Girls in the same category as Shortland stree and junk food.

I didn't know you could get Reese's Peanutbutter cups in NZ.

9:23 am  
Blogger jenknits said...

Never heard the Paris song but I'm watching Gilmore Girls right now. I only see the old episodes when my daughter's watching them on my day off. Of all the daytime shows she likes its my favoite.

4:05 am  
Blogger The Skirt said...

Ok, GG isn't really in the same category as the other stuff, but I still feel a teensy bit guilty for loving it so much. Go figure.

I don't think you can get Reese's here anymore, Violet - but friends, family and the Secret Pal swaps keep me relatively well supplied.

10:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home