Thursday, August 17, 2006

Well thank goodness!

After much negotiation, The Trouser and I decided that our big move should be to Dublin, Ireland. We made the decision almost two years ago (I think), and have been talking about it with friends and family (but not his work, who have no idea!) for about a year or so. His parents gave him a Lonely Planet Dublin for his birthday in May.

So when I saw the "What European city do you belong in?" question on fellow SP8 participant blog The Knittin' Coop, I was a bit nervous.

(I know these questionnaires are for fun, and probably lack any scientific basis, but humour me here. Moving to a city where we don't know anyone and haven't been before is a big deal, and I'm keen on any confirmation that the universe wants to throw my way.)

It's ok though:

You Belong in Dublin

Friendly and down to earth, you want to enjoy Europe without snobbery or pretensions.
You're the perfect person to go wild on a pub crawl... or enjoy a quiet bike ride through the old part of town.


Whew!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - dublin! what a big move - i'm sure your anxious, but excited! =)

10:09 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I belong in Paris. Apparently.

But cool you going to Dublin!

12:45 pm  
Blogger Shoebedoobedoo said...

I also belong in Paris it seems. Not quite what I would have chosen for myself, smelly undergrounds and sidewalks where dogs pay homage in poo, and it can be somewhat pretentious. This bonny lass prefers to belong in Edinburgh instead.

Yay though, you won't be far!

12:51 pm  
Blogger Violet said...

I belong in Paris too, although I'd probably rather be in Rome. Good for you on deciding to move to Dublin - I've never been there but I'm sure you find lots of fellow knitters there...

1:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home