Thursday, July 20, 2006

Productivity

How productive are you?

At work, I mean. And by productive, I mean churning out measurable results.

At the moment my productivity has taken a nose-dive. Apparently that is normal when major changes happen and are managed poorly, so I was kind of expecting it.

In general I pride myself on being reasonably productive, though less so since I discovered the blogosphere.

I no longer churn out lots of "deliverables" or measurable results, but a lot of that is due to the fact that I have been slowly but steadily becoming more involved in strategic stuff. Strategy and planning takes time, but does not deliver "actual work", if you know what I mean.

Well it didn't in the past. Now I have to do plans and Gantt charts till I've had them up the wazoo... further cutting down on time I could spend getting things done. They help me to communicate what I'm doing more clearly, but since I just need to get the things done and report back afterwards, it's kind of frustrating.

Still, I'm skiving a little bit less at the moment. It's something!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eatsruns said...

My productivity is taking a dive right now - isn't the internet distracting!

Thanks for visiting my blog, I've added you to my bloglines as I like keeping in touch with other NZ knitters!

10:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home