Friday, July 07, 2006

Muppets!

Ever wondered what muppet fur looks like when it's been spun?

Voila:

On the left, the skein. On the right, the ball I wound.

I have 2 skeins, and they're in the process of becoming a lovely scarf, with the help of 7mm Clover needles. It's quite chunky (hence the 7mm diameter) and moderately slippery (hence the bamboo), but fairly easy to knit with.

Actually, the photo doesn't really show the yarn at its best. It's very snuggly and quite warm. It is synthetic, but it's the nicest synthetic I've ever encountered.

I'd tell you more about it, but I can't: I bought this in Argentina last year and it came as is, without any ball band to advise me on fibre content or washing instructions - all I know is it was made in Argentina, and for sale in Belgrano, Buenos Aires.

Where, incidentally, you can view the yarn but are instructed not to touch it, making it tough to buy for softness. This was a happy fluke!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home