Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fun with FOs, part 1

I posted this ages ago - but the Blogger keeps refusing to post my photos. So here's part 1:

Cleverness #1: Bianca, from Rowan #38

I used 4-ply Patonyle yarn for this - 80% wool, 20% acrylic. It's a surprisingly pleasant knit, and a lot less expensive than the recommended yarn, Rowan costing the earth here and all.

I modified the pattern a bit by beading once instead of 3 times, primarily because it looked overly busy with the beads I found. As a result, I have loads of leftover beads for when these ones break or fall off or whatever.

The left and right sides look to be slightly different in length, due to my inexpert blocking. Ah well.

The arms are also a bit roomy. Again, oh well.

I love, love, LOVE this cardigan, and get loads of compliments on it. When people learn I've knit it, they (literally) squeal. I love wearing it even more for the squeals.


And here's the detail shot:

The colour is fairly true in this shot, but the beads are a slightly more vibrant shade of green.

Given the dearth of attractive yarns at affordable prices, I think I've done pretty well with this one (small pat on the back).

Incidentally, this is also a ridiculously easy pattern. Those damn charts just about killed be initially, but once I got the hang of the pattern, I could ignore them.

And although 3mm needles and 4-ply yarn hardly makes for speedy knitting, this did knit up pretty quickly. There's just the right amount of pattern and shaping and stuff to keep me interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home