Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fun with FOs, part 2

Cleverness #2: Forecast (the photos at last!) from Knitty

I used Jo Sharp double knitting in "aubergine" for this. Quite a lot more than was originally called for, due to the modifications: longer ribbing on the sleeves and body mostly. I also went with the 3-stitch bobble (why do I alwasy type "booble"?).

I like the general lack of seaming about this pattern, but I loathe picking up the stitches around the armhole, primarily because it's always so tight and difficult to knit for the first 20 rows or so.

All the front shots I took looked icky, so here's a back shot: I don't think the cardigan suits my shape (large-ish bosoms and shoulders), but I still enjoy wearing it a lot. Again, it impresses the hell out of people who don't knit, because it looks complicated. In fact it was a relatively easy knit, helped by the lovely yarn I chose. (Lovely yarn that bled a lot when wet, however.)

In fact, it was such a relaxing garment to knit that I'm going to make one for my mother. She has small shoulders and bosoms, and looks quite charming in mine (even though it's a bit large for her), and it's been some time since she's had anything knitted for her. My only challenge is to find the perfect wool.

2 Comments:

Blogger anky said...

Did you have to modify your gauge for the jo sharp dk? because it's a finer yarn than specified in the pattern. Also did you find you had to add more rows before creating the sleeves?

5:01 pm  
Blogger The Skirt said...

According to the (admittedly Internet-based) info I got on Cascade 220, the DK was spot-on. I didn't need to modify anything at all really - except for the shaping in the waist and sleeves, to make it fit right. I'm not confident enough to mess with gauge modifications yet!

9:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home