Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Secret stuff

I love, love, love secret stuff. Which is why this Secret Pal thing is fun for me.

The person I am giving to has a few common interests with me, but is very different in terms of her situation (with kids, no job) and even skills (spins, dyes yarn, etc.). We like some of the same things, but also different ones.

We've been emailing a lot, and I'm trying hard not to give too much away when I email. She's very curious (like me), but I can't answer too many questions in case I give myself away - so I feel a bit rude for my sometimes-convoluted replies.

Meanwhile, I have 2 packages ready for my Pal - one for each month left of the exchange. It's odd for me to plan so well in advance, but between a sale and serendipity, I'm good to go for the rest of the exchange. I'm really looking forward to sending them and seeing her reaction.

I only know one person here who knits - and not very well at that - so SP is a great way in theory to meet more knitters. I say "in theory", because it doesn't always work out. But with this woman, it really does. Thanks to the hostess who matched us up!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are enjoying Secret Pal. It always makes me feel good to know that the time I spent reading all of the blogs to come up with good matches was worth it. Enjoy!

2:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home