Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sheer lunacy

Today, courtesy of the wonders of the Interweb, I bring you two examples of lunacy.

Instance of lunacy #1: People are willing to take a pay cut so they can bring their dogs into work.
View article
Hello?? It's a dog. It may be lovely, but it's a dog. If you need to take something special to you into work, try a photo, or even a special blankie.

Instance of lunacy #2: Japanese mummies who have waaaay too much time on their hands when making their kids' lunches.
View photos
Um, my mother used to occasionally slip a note in my lunchbox, and her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were very good, but lunchbox art like this is definitely a sign of a deteriorating mental state.

(But Mum? If you wanted to make me a delicious, nutritious bento box every day and decorating it like this fulfilled you, I would probably still eat the lunch. Hell, I'd have to - I wouldn't be able to afford to buy lunch as I frantically saved for your "special home".)

I tell you, I used to think all the crazies had my number. Now I know they don't - they just know which websites I visit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

I saw a Sheila Kitzinger book in which she suggested cutting the kids' food into cute animal shapes so it'd be fun to eat it (and showed lots of examples). Yeah right.

11:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this how the phrase 'Yummy Mummies' came about, I wonder?

11:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home