Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Out of limbo

Well, my empty-ish needles only lasted a short while.

I received my wool, which included 2 balls each of Kidsilk Night in the silver and white, and 12 skeins each of jade and umm, rabbit? the pale grey, anyway - of Rowanspun 4-ply.




I had great plans for the Rowanspun, but now I'm not so sure. It's quite tweedy and not super soft, so my plans to make a cute cardi in it are dashed. I think it would suit a more outdoorsy kind of cardigan. Ideas, anyone?

I also got a few balls of Kidsilk Haze, an managed to cast on and begin a scarf - Monette, from Rowan's Vintage Style. I swapped the colours around so that it's mostly pink, instead of mostly orange, and 102 rows into it, it's looking pretty cute:


And it turns out that while Kidsilk Haze is the slipperiest, most annoying yarn to knit on metal needles, it's fine on bamboo. (Thanks Trouser for giving me such perfect needles for Christmas!)

In other news... Um... Well, I had to work all weekend so not much happened. I did get to see a new ballet by Witi Ihimaera though - The Wedding. It was unconventional and exciting and a bit racy, and I highly recommend seeing it if you get the chance!

In our wedding news, we've booked a place for the ceremony. And we've got less than 2 weeks to either confirm our pencil booking for the reception, or find somewhere else. The pressure's on!

We've also been looking at buying a second property, which sounds very tycoonish, but isn't really. A great Art Deco apartment is for sale, and if the price is right we'd be keen to buy it up. We'd lose cash on it initially, but it would be a good investment in the longer term.

I'm a bit reluctant to lay out more money and almost double our mortgage, but it is a good opportunity. I think the buyer has gotten greedy and it's unlikely it'll go for what she wants at auction, so a post-auction offer may be a way in. Maybe. I'm still a bit debt-averse.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Skirt said...

I did do a swatch, but it felt a little rough still. What's it like after you wash it?

8:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home