Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Down but not out

So I didn't get the great job.

I'm okay about it. The Trouser, bless him, was worried I would be upset, but I'm not.

Meanwhile it looks like the agent hasn't quite understood me about the other interview I went for. Sigh. Some people are just not good listeners/ readers, are they?

Meanwhile, I've been knitting away at a cardigan I'd previously abandoned. It's a pattern designed for a mohair mix, but being a smarty-pants, I substituted a merino/ microfibre blend.

All good, except it's black, and ther dye leaks out all over my hands. The dye comes off my skin with a bit of scrubbing, but my nails are semi-permanently tinged a pale bluey-grey.

No one's said anything yet, so they can't be that bad I guess.

Anyhow, I'd completed the back months ago, and have managed a side and a half in the past week, which bodes well. I just hope that the dye won't continue to leak after a couple of good washings!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I always have dubious looking nails after dying my hair. I usually paint them dark purple afterwards!

11:11 am  
Blogger Violet said...

oh, so the editter is an accidental goth!

12:07 pm  
Blogger The Skirt said...

Ooh, accidental goth-dom! My toenails are dark purple at the moment - can I be a goth-on-purpose?

4:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home