Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Show and tell time

Are all you children sitting down quietly? Okay, it's show and tell time!

Today, The Skirt will show us some of the things she's been knitting, but been too slack to post photos of!

First of all, the almost-completed "Mummy wrap", for my pregnant friend. You take a ball of this crazy ribbon stuff:




And knit for ages. It slips off your needles a lot, and you drop lots of stitches. You swear quite a bit. Eventually, you get something that looks a bit like this:

(I've finished it now, but it photographs so badly I won't be taking any more pictures of it. You'll just have to believe me when I say it's pretty cute.)




Next, we have some baby bootees I made for a colleague a while back. 4-ply cotton in pink and white:

I really hate the ill-written pattern, but they look cute.






Finally, in baby-land, the blanket I've been working on forever and a week:


All that's left to do is to line the back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

gosh you've been busy. I hope you've been knitting stuff for yourself and The Trouser as well.

9:15 pm  
Blogger The Skirt said...

Not really - been doing a little on my wrap, but nothing for the poor Trouser. There's a supersittion that you don't until you're married.

4:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home