Tuesday, January 10, 2006

SP7 questionnaire

If you don't care about knitting and such, just skip this post...

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I love unusual yarns, and I prefer high quality yarns (i.e. those that don't fall apart or pill madly), but that doesn't rule out bargain yarns to me - if they feel nice and are a great colour, I'm there.


2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Nope and nope.


3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Um, a knitting bag and a plastic bag. I "inherited" a bunch of needles recently and haven't quite sorted them all out yet.


4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I started knitting about 20 years ago, but had a 10-year hiatus and began again last year. I'd say I'm intermediate.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not yet... Good idea though!


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Mmmm... Vanilla, cinnamon, rosemary is quite nice, cherry, chocolate...


7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes! I **love Reese's peanut butter cups/ candy, butterscotch candy, those red-and-white stripy mints... I like chocolate, especially dark chocolate.

I love the candy of the 80s, and am always up for trying local favourites or specialties, as long as it doesn't involve bugs...

I also love Pocky, and don't discriminate against yummy salty snacks. I have both sweet and salty teeth.


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Nothing right now.


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music except country, I think. I'm not a big music person (that's The Trouser's domain), so I'm always open to suggestions. MP3s are no problem.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm not wild on browns, but I'm pretty open to most colours. I've bought a lot of muted greens and blues recently, but perhaps it's time to venture into brighter colours?


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
1 fiance, a plastic duck and a stuffed kitten.


12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, yes.


13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Probably a merino or silk mix. I also love fine yarns like Kid Silk Haze (I can't quite believe it either) and a nice cotton.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Itchy ones, and ones that shed like crazy even after you've frozen and/ or washed them.


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Finishing Rowan's River, with its airy, floaty lace pattern. I'm also a bit obsessed with finding enough beautiful cardigans to make to keep me warm in winter.


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
(Blush) probably something for myself. I like wearing my knitting. Cardigans or wraps are always good.


17. What are you knitting right now?
River (still), and a black cardigan from an Australasian pattern.


18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes!


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
No preference.


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have a lot of aluminium and plastic - prefer aluminium of the two. Have bought but am yet to actually try bamboo - they sound lovely!


21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope.


22. How did you learn to knit?
My aunt taught me.


23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 6 months (black cardigan, merino/synthetic mix, dye leaks onto my hands as I knit, annoying but will be cute once it's done).


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I don't really have favourites, sorry!


25. What is your favorite holiday?
One on a tropical beach far away from home, LOL. Probably Christmas.


26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really. Some people might say I collect shoes, but I do wear them all (eventually). And I do own a *lot* of books :-)


27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.


28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Books: Last Minute Gifts, Loop-d-Loop (though the reviews are somewhat scathing, maybe I am wrong to covet this?).

Yarns: Rowan Wool Cotton, more Kid Silk Haze, Koigu yarns (to see what all the fuss is about).


29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not that I know of, but it doesn't mean I don't need to learn them!


30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet. I'm a US size 7.


31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
August 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home