Thursday, December 15, 2005

Denied

You know the crappy raise I got? Well that's it, baby.

True to form my boss fought my case well, but The Big Boss basically thinks I get plenty anyway. Right now I think The Big Boss is A Big Stingy Ass.

I don't like how the department runs (some people doing lots of work, others messing around very publicly but not being reprimanded; money spent on non-essentials so there's no cash for raises or unexpected essential activities; etc. ). And I am royally pissed off about how I've been treated.

I've been advised that I can speak to The Big Stingy Ass myself, but I'd rather not. It's a huge waste of my time - I already know the response.

So the way forward appears to be to stay here while I look for a great job elsewhere. I'm looking for something quite superb. It isn't perfect here by any stretch of the imagination, but I know it well and am fully in control, so the new job will have to be great.

I've never done a low-key search for a job before - it's always been desperate and fast. But I'm determined to learn.

Meanwhile I need to channel my anger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home