Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Allergies

I am allergic to mosquito bites.

Okay, I know we're all allergic to them, hence the "bump", but I am super-allergic to them.

It first happened late last year.

I get a bump, but if I rub it or scratch it *at all* it become a large, red bump. It remains red even if I don't scratch it again.

If I have the misfortune to find a bite somewhere where clothes cover it, I get a really, really big red bump from the fabric brushing it.

In fact, it gets so big and red it kind of looks like a third nipple. Nice.

We use citronella, I use bug repellant when I can, and we have a plug-in thing for night time. But still I get bitten. I'm thinking about dietary changes - anyone have any ideas?

Moral of the story: we're all allergic to mosquito bites, I'm just more allergic than anyone else I've ever met.

2 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

I had a really bad mosqito experience once when I was in Africa during my OE. I was sleeping in the truck because I didn't have a tent on my own, and was bitten horribly all night even though I was clothed all over. The next morning we were squashing fat mosquitoes in the truck and spilled lots of (my) blood. And yes, I came up in large red bumps too.

8:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! Finally catching up on your blog (on my first day back at work, ahem) and was reading about mozzies on a friend's blog - she had a link to a good site she found, I don't know how to put links in comments but her blog is mycatbernie.blogspot.com

12:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home