Friday, March 03, 2006

In limbo

As I wait for the wool, I realise that I have nothing to knit. Nothing at all!

I had been working a scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, but then I finished it. And yes, it may be in the 8-hours-or-more category, but it did take awhile.








I used different yarn from the one specified (or I'd be waiting for it to be delivered still!), but it worked out fairly well I think:

And it looks good on (ignore the maternity-look top, it's just the style/ angle):
And here's the obligatory close-up shot of the chevron pattern. The colour of the wool is not as vivid as in the other shots, nor as washed-out as this one. It is actually quite attractive.



Anyway, the scarf - all 2-metres-plus of it - is now winging its way to Argentina in the baggage of a family friend. I quite liked the pattern if not the colour, so I might even make one for myself.


After I've done everything else, of course (blush).

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

no projects??? i'll gladly hand off some of my WIPs for you to finish for me. ;)
btw, your scarf looks really pretty. i love the chevron pattern!

11:52 am  
Blogger The Skirt said...

Ruth: I guess I kind of do have WIPs - River is still languishing, unloved (till I get the patience!) and I have one other WIP I am still waiting for extra wool on = but other than that I was free as a bird!

The chevron pattern was stupidly simple, BTW - a piece of cake for you!

1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home