Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The newness

I have almost run out of my trusty lip gloss, and last night I finally got around to investigating my stash of lip glosses to pick the next victim.

Yes, I have a stash of lip glosses.

You see, you never know when you're going to come across a great lip gloss, and equally, you never know when you're going to need a new one.

(OK, you can probably guess the latter, but you know what I mean.)

Last night I looked in my trusty stash and picked out a 3-stack that was allegedly in colours that were perfect for brunettes. I'm not quite a brunette, but the colours were nice.

The gloss smelled like old-lady roses, and had a slightly gritty texture. It didn't live up to the glossy, beautiful promise that it had made when I bought it, so I threw it away.

Instead, I've started a 4-stack from the now-defunct Red Earth, bought nearly 4 years ago. There are 2 glosses with glitter (which are good as eyeshadow on the days when I'm looking a bit tired) and 2 without, and all the colours are a bit out of my comfort zone, but actually quite flattering.

It's not the same as fancy MAC lipglass, - I'm waiting to replace that duty-free when we trip over to Australia at the end of the month - but it is very glossy :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

I never used gloss, but I did used to wear the usual kind of lipstick.


I found that every time I went out to buy a new colour, I came home with almost exactly the same colour as the old ones.

11:46 am  
Blogger The Skirt said...

Yeah, I have the same problem. I made the mistake of having a consultation with a MAC makeup artist who pickes out tow colours of lipstick and one shade of lip gloss for me. They suit me. I'm keen to try new colours, but I keep thinking that the makeup artist probably knew best!

9:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home