Friday, March 24, 2006

Summer holiday... in autumn

The Trouser and I are about to embark upon a brief holiday. It's our summer break - because we didn't get one over summer - even though it's autumn now.

We're heading off to Sydney, where we'll spend the weekend relaxing (Oxford St and Paddington markets are on the cards), and he'll spend 2 days working while I shop or knit or do whatever. Then we're off to Gosford, where his grandmas live, to spend 5 days with them before flying back late on Sunday night.

For me, it's a chance to sort out a few errands, like buying a dress to wear to my brother's wedding in Fiji, and some boots for winter. (We do have clothes and shoes in NZ - but the shopping is better and often cheaper in Australia.) I'm hoping to catch up with my brother who lives in Sydney, if he isn't too busy being a high-powered consultant. And I'm hanging out to see The Trouser's grandmas, who remind me a lot of my late paternal grandmother.

It's also a chance to spend some time knitting and relaxing. I don't know what our hotel will be like - The Trouser's company is paying for it so they picked it - but I hope it's a short walk away from Hyde Park. I love to sit and read there, so I figure knitting will be even better.

On the knitting front, I've decided to take Forecast with me, because although it will be bulky and warm to knit, I love knitting it. I'll also take some yarn for a wrap for The Trouser's mum. And, of course, I hope to stop in and find some yarn shops. All recommendations for where to go are very welcome, as Google has not yielded anything sensible yet.

The upshot of all this is that this is probably my last post for around 10 days. I'll see you then!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yay for holidays, have a fab time!

3:33 pm  
Blogger Violet said...

Autumn is a great time for a holiday. So is Winter. Actually, there's no bad time for a holiday.

11:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home