Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Too distracted to blog

A lovely French boy lent me his copy of The Da Vinci Code.

Although I admit to reading and usually enjoying almost anything (car manuals can be dull, but are a better option than nothing to read when stuck in the car!), I had low expectations.

So when I began it last night, I didn't expect to be hooked - and freaked out - so quickly.

In short, I would blog tonight (that 100 things list is an excellent idea and I do want to do it), but I'd rather read my book.

I should also note, in my defence, that The Trouser has forbidden me reading it at bedtime. It gives me the heebie-jeebies - I spend time wailing "I'm all creeped out! Put the light on!", or scrunching my eyes up tight and tensing my body up as I try to think of anything but the creepiness.

This is not the first time this has happened to me - Stephen King's Bag of Bones had a similar effect on me (and rightly so, it is a creepy book!). Yes, I am highly suggestible.

So while there's daylight I'll be reading... For the next couple of days, anyway. Reminds me of the bad old days when I was too busy reading prescribed texts (let alone the secondary readings!) to do things like check my email (impossible for me nowadays) or do the dishes. Ah, they weren't all bad then...

1 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

I got Da Vinci Code for my birthday, but I got totally bored with it. That must mean there's no point in us recommending books to each other...

6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home