Monday, March 14, 2005

Starting the week off on the right note

I am 25% Asshole/Bitch.
Part Time Asshole/Bitch.
I may think I am an asshole or a bitch, but the truth is I am a good person at heart. Yeah sure, I can have a mean streak in me, but most of the people I meet like me.

(With thanks to Cesca.)

See, I knew I wasn't a completely mean person! Meanwhile, the tanties/ dramas situation has developed - more dramas, then less, then a couple more again.

I won't be able to leave town or ignore the people in question ("the tornado" - tee hee!) - unfortunately they are related to The Trouser so I can't confront the issue, just put up with it and let him sort it the best he can (he is very kind to me). Damn in-law situation (or should they be outlaw, since we're not married?)!

The temptation to be obstructive and obstreperous and generally petty and nasty is very strong. I am actually quite good at that sort of thing, especially if logic is involved. I know I could easily beat the tornado in any argument. But for the sake of The Trouser, I am keeping well out of it. It is perhaps a waste of my superior arguing skills (finely honed for approx 25 years), but then I am morally superior.

Hm, think I'd prefer to win the argument *and* be morally superior. Though frankly, the tornado probably wouldn't appreciate the thoroughness of the trouncing (or understand it?).

My one consolation is that we have pulled together and are closer than ever. It has also made The Trouser realise that he is a good person who doesn't deserve to be bullied. And as these are probably the very last things that the tornado wants, it gives me perverse pleasure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Frances said...

At last! Someone ALMOST as wussy and nice as me! (I've not yet found anyone to get this close to my measly 12%...)

5:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home