Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hello, pumpkin

I discovered that Starbucks has introduced the Pumpkin Spice latte to NZ recently.

There are a lot of things wrong with the timing and marketing of it... Rather than repeat them here, read my rant at Starbucks Gossip.

That said, the syrup I tasted was pretty good - a little like pumpkin pie, but as a syrup. Not being a huge coffee fan, I'm unlikely to order the latte - but I might try it chai-style (that is, just the steamed milk and the syrup).

And if you haven't ever had pumpkin pie, you're really missing out. I personally avoid pumpkin like the plague, but by the time you puree it, add lots of spices and pastry, then bake it - I'm in.

And after all, Thanksgiving is coming up soon. What better way to celebrate self-enforced exile than with pumpkin pie?

3 Comments:

Blogger Oberon said...

.......the art of peace is medicine for a sick world.....morihei ueshiba.

8:51 am  
Blogger Eatsruns said...

Usually I won't go near Starbucks - I prefer to buy local - but unfortunately for me the new boy is very fond of the place. I met him there yesterday and thought the whole pumpkin spice thing was very weird...

also, I got an iced chocolate and it was horrible! brown stuff in a cup with lots of ice in it. There didn't seem to be any milk, or ice cream.... proper iced chocolates need ice cream, not ice, and they need to be nice and thick and milky! This just tasted fake and yuck.

10:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that IS really dumb of starbucks. yea, i do my best to go to local places first (plus, i hate the smell of coffee on my clothes once i've stepped into a starbucks).

10:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home