Thursday, June 01, 2006

Overheard

as I walked past two young men today:

"Nice ass!"


I almost turned around, marched back and said "Young man, that is very kind, but totally undeserved. I have great hair today, and my eyes look really good. My outfit is great, too. But my ass? I have seen my ass, and it is not great. I don't have my magic jeans* on. So thank you. But get your eyes tested."

Instead, I giggled and continued on my merry way.

The moral of the story - at the risk of undoing years of feminism: it's nice to be perved at (in a respectful way). It's even nicer to hear the complimentary comments that are made, especially if you're not really supposed to.


*My magic jeans make me look stunning, despite their age and condition. They are, quit simply, magic. But they deserve a well-considered post, so I'll blog about them later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

Ooh, you have to post a photo of them! At the moment I have two pairs of jeans which I wear all the time, and the cheap pair are the ones which make my bum look smaller (the other pair make my hips look wide). I got 'em from Ezibuy!

1:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home