Monday, May 29, 2006

The itchy and scratchy show

Ugh, how I hate fleas.

The odds of having an enfleament are pretty low: wrong time of year, recent cold snap, no pets or animal contact, no colleagues or family members with recent enfleaments, living high above ground.

And yet, they came. I know, because I'm covered in itchy, itchy bites.

I also know because I killed a flea last night. My blood is a very healthy-looking red.

The Trouser has no bites whatsoever. But then, he's been working so hard he's barely been at home. And I'm not sure any blood-sucking insect has ever managed to penetrate the thick layer or body hair that covers most of him.

Hoping the flea bombs we set off today will disenflea us.

2 Comments:

Blogger LK said...

I actually have similar conditions to you yet I've noticed bites on my body that shouldn't be there. Haven't found the culprit yet but we've only just seen the last of our mosquitos here so it could be one of them who has an aversion to hibernating.

11:27 am  
Blogger Violet said...

I hate when I find a bite on my back or bum and can't work out how it could have got there. It's winter and I don't exactly go walking around naked. Could it be that those biter hang out in our bathroom, waiting for a window of opportunity?

1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home