Thursday, May 18, 2006

Camera shy

I admit it, I'm pretty camera shy.

You see, I don't always photograph well. I'm cute in person and all, but I always look shiny-faced and porky on film. On, and did I mention how photographers usually get me at a bad moment, like when I'm eating?

Very few people have ever gotten nice photos of me in my adulthood. The Trouser's sister is one (shame about the bigotry, I could do with a decent photo again soon), and The Trouser is another - as long as I'm not directly looking at the camera.

I'm going to have to spend quite some time with the wedding photographer, practicing so he can get some good shots of me.

More disturbingly, I've noticed that all my knitting projects have become a bit camera-shy also. Especially the cardigan that's in progress - Bianca from Rowan 37, which now consists of 2 sleeves, a back and 1/5 of a front, with nary a picture to be seen.

I will have to get a handle on this before all my knitting projects think they can go this long without showing their bad, bad selves.


In unrelated news, I've been in toouch with my Secret Pal spoilee, and my Secret Pal has been in touch with me. She asked me about what books I liked to read, and I'm ashamed to say that I really had to think. "Everything, pretty much" is not a very helpful answer.

However, it was the answer I gave. And in doing so, I realised that my blog is not very helpful for that poor, kind soul - because I don't think I've ever blogged about reading.

For the record, I read a lot. Knitting has cut into this time, but mostly only because I can't find a satisfactory way to knit on the couch and read at the same time. A personal book holder who would turn the pages would be nice... but The Trouser has a life too, apparently.

So from now on, I will try to blog a bit about what books I'm reading. Hey, it'll make a pleasant change from all the knitting and moaning, right? I'm hoping that it will also make me pick some more interesting books, too. I've thought a bit about buying this book for inspiration and guidance, but haven't quite gotten around to it. (Maybe I can borrow it from the library and photocopy the contents page?)

Just goes to show - and MA (Hons) in literature does not mean you always know what books to read. Really, it's just a nice collection of letters to put on a business card, and assurance that you can't work at McDonalds, since you're overqualified!

1 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

I have that shiny-face problem with cameras too. But apparently there's lots you can do to ensure your photographs turn out okay - like using tons of face powder and being in certain poses.

Personally, I look best in my drivers licence photos. I think it's because they're so small.

1:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home