Wednesday, May 03, 2006

SP8 questionnaire

Hey there Secret Pal, here's all the info:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like lovely yarns. Most yarns, really. I don't like scratchy yarns, that feathery stuff, or floofy boucle mohair. Novelty yarns are no temptation for me, they're hell in a ball.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a bag, a box, and also a knitting needle roll.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been able to knit for around 20 years, but took a 10-year hiatus and started up again about a year and a half ago. I'm probably intermediate (I attempt the difficult projects with no idea of how hard they might be, because I know so little - a sure sign of a less accomplished knitter!).

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Anything that isn't rose-scented is great. Vanilla or cinnamon are always lovely.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Big sweet tooth, but desperately trying not to fatten up over winter, since I'm getting married in the summer. Reese's are my favourites, but I have a stash of them. However, I am very partial to butterscotch hard candy, and those red-and-white swirly mints. Oh, and gummy bears. Oh, and anything else that isn't liquorice.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I'm not really a do-it-yourself-er at all - just kitting. I don't spin. I read a lot though.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all kinds of music - mostly because I don't really have taste in music. I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm not wild on poo brown, bright yellow or pale pink. Otherwise I'm pretty open-minded.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
One fiance and no pets. (We have a fibreglass duck named Bernard but he probably doesn't count?)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, yes. I'd wear a hat but haven't found one I'm in love with yet. I'm not a mitten wearer, but I'd probably do wrist warmers or fingerless gloves.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Once I got the hang of it, I really enjoyed River from Rowan 37. I quite like lace. Cardigans are always good to knit - you get to enjoy them later - and scarves are nice and quick for when I need instant gratification.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Forecast from Knitty, Bianca from Rowan 37, and a scarf for The Trouser. (Only 3 WIPs - that's serious restraint!)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Sure.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Not too fussy really - probably not a huge aluminium fan. I like pretty needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Not yet, though it would be a good idea!

17. How did you learn to knit?
My aunt taught me.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Around 6 months, though it's waiting to be frogged, so I don't know if that counts? Otherwise, 2 months I guess.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Easter's pretty good - the chocolate holiday.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really. Apart from yarn, of course.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
No subscriptions. I'm always interested in what other people recommend. One Skein looks quite interesting.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Sure, open to anything other than intarsia, which makes me feel vaguely ill.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Nope. And I'm a US 6 1/2 to 7, wide-ish.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
August 5. I'll be turning the big 2-8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home