Monday, March 21, 2005

Families

We've been discussing families in the past week or so - The Trouser and I, and my colleagues too (they get a lot of free entertainment!).

In your family, who is allowed to criticise whom? Can you criticise your in-laws, or is that only ok for those actually related by blood?

And when it comes to your "significant other", are you of the "don't ask don't tell" persuasion, or are you more of a full disclosure kind of couple?

My father always instructs me not to say anything negative about the in-laws (out-laws!) to The Trouser, which I find interesting, since we try really hard to be kind but honest about all sorts of things - especially the important and/ or difficult ones.

We are allowed to tell each other what we think about anyone and everyone, though we have to try to be compassionate for each other's feelings.

On a slightly different note, inspired by llcoffee's bravery, I think I'll invite The Trouser to add an entry or 2 to my blog. He already knows about (and reads!) my blog, but it's probably time for the loveliest man in the world to say hello!

2 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

In my family we seem to enjoy the freedom to complain about each other as long as it's behind their back.

3:24 pm  
Blogger Frances said...

Yeah, my family's the same as Violet - complain behind the back only.

As for the outlaws... I do tell my husband about how I think his sister's husband is a dickhead, but that's not blood related so I don't know if it counts.

10:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home