Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Silence

I don't seem to have much to say these days. Or, I have a lot to say, but it's a bit negative.

Like how my father spontaneously invited his half-cousin (whom he hasn't seen since he was a kid - and whom no one in my family has met, despite living in the same country for 21 years) to our wedding. After we'd all discussed the invitation process at length, and agreed on no random invitations from parents, and that we wouldn't invite people we don't know.

Like how my junior at work is not going to be re-hired because while she means well, she is not good at her job - technically, or in terms of attitude, commitment and maturity. She should find out this afternoon, and I am expecting anger, betrayal, and hurt. Oh, and I have to train her replacement up before I go, but I will only get 2 weeks to do it.

Like how I am about to not deliver projects at work cos people are not deliverting their parts, and they know this and do nothing.

Like how I'm over all this stuff and just want a holiday.

So instead, I'm trying to focus on good stuff, like finding my maybe-wedding shoes (at $55 for leather with leather lining, I love them enough to wear them anyway, so I'll still keep an eye out for a something more elegant), and the fact that The Trouser came home and snuggled up to me for ages last night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's weird isn't it, that this is supposed to be a happy shiny time of year, but sometimes, we're just pushing through to get to the end of the year. Gosh, how dismal that sounds, but it's how I feel at the moment!

Just keep knitting....

1:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

knitting = therapy!!!
wedding guests list = big pain. i had that too... ugh. good luck!!!

2:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home