Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Boundaries, or the lack thereof

I've been reading a great new blog that Violet recommended. OK, it's not new per se, but new-to-me.

And so far, my favourite bit is the post on the girl who crapped in the bushes on the third date.

If you read the comments, you'll see that I am grossed out by this. Bathroom comments ("knicker licker", for example) are not third date comments in my book.

In fact, The Trouser and I lived together for over 9 months before I even farted in front of him. And even then, it was only because I had a vile case of campylobacter (so vile that I ended up on a drip in the ER, for rehydration purposes).

I distinctly remember being really, really upset because I farted in front of him. Tears were involved, as was wailing. He found it hilarious that I cared so much about a stray fart when I was so sick, but it was the end of an era.

But bush-crapping and describing the kind of experience you're about to have? Now that's a real lack of boundaries!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been desensitised by living with boys who fart like it's something to be proud of. (George junior POSES for his!)

4:40 pm  
Blogger Violet said...

An ex-flatmate used to say that you're in a real relationship when you're comfortable enough to fart in front of each other.

but I still get annoyed when my guy farts in bed and didn't turn his arse to the other side of the bed beforehand.

As for pooing in the bushes, it's obviously not preferred dating behaviour, but then a third date should probably be within easy walking distance of a flush toilet!

8:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, pooping in public like that is totally crossing the line in my book. and i'm ok with farting. in fact, we have some couple friends who actually have farting contests (they compete who can sit on the other one faster so one can fart on the other one). we're not like that, but should my hubby need to flatulate, i think it's at least polite to warn the other person ahead of time. =)

9:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home