Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Photos, finally

My nails. (Quite blurry, and my hands don't usually look so pink, but you get the general gist.)


The lovely and wayyyyyyyyyy overpriced yarn. Knitworld, charging me $10 for a 50gm package you send via regular mail is highway robbery. I won't be ordering from you ever again. Seriously.



River's first detail shot, with 2 days' worth of knitting. 2 days' worth of knitting later, I'd done just over half of the pattern, only to discover a weensy error. Really weensy, but it made it imperfect, and this is a gift, and my second time on this pattern. So I unpicked to row #73, which was a bit heartbreaking, but better done sooner rather than later!

I've almost knitted back to that point again (sick day yesterday), and have decided to closely examine my work by spreading it out on a navy blue pillowcase (for the contrast) every 10 rows. Here's hoping it'll keep me from needing to frog back so far again!

And for the sake of completeness, here's my sleeve from Martha. It looks like there's a colour splotch, but I'm pretty sure that's just my amateur photography. (Gahh, I hope it is!)

Incidentally, how much are you loving our carpet in these photos? When The Trouser first announced he wanted new carpet (the old stuff was old, stained, peach cut-pile) I wasn't convinced. But since I like to lay my knitting on the floor for photo-calls, I'm now grateful that it's attractive enough to show the rest of the world, and also actually clean.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eatsruns said...

beautiful! to everything!

And I'll say it again: Jannette's Rare Yarns!

2:16 pm  
Blogger The Skirt said...

Yeah, thank you for the tip - I'm definitely going to get my Christmas present yarn ordered from her!

8:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, that's great carpet! I'm probably supposed to comment on the knitting too but I'm unqualified...

10:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey the river looks beautiful!!! Good on you for ripping back. I do it too, but many don't!

5:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh!!! I love this color of Kidsilk Haze!

5:56 pm  
Blogger The Skirt said...

Editter: the carpet is so truly great, it's much better than the knitting!

Bells: yeah, I didn't in the River I did for myself, and last night I discovered 4 additional mistakes I'd been unaware of. I may undo it completely and redo it at some point, so I can be properly proud of it. Because this one is for someone else, I am much fussier.

Jen: isn't it great?

10:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home