Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Work, work, work (and a spot of knitting)

All I seem to do at the moment is work. Occasionally, in my spare time (a shrinking commodity), I knit (stuff for other people).

Don't get me wrong - I usually love my job, and finally after nearly 2 years I am starting to get the credit for my good (and hard) work. But it all seems a bit much, really - I'm too old for 50-hour weeks.

In response to all this work, my immune system started to go bonkers late last week, and I took Friday afternoon off sick. And most of the weekend, since I felt like death. The sore throat had gone - but the energy was still missing.

After a weekend of doing not very much (except the requisite chores, which took a lot of time, and sending some free texts - cheers Vodafone!), I was beginning to feel okay again. Complete trepidation about coming in to work on Tuesday, but okay otherwise.

Now I feel enthused about work again, despite the promise of a week of very long days, but quite, quite tired.

On the knitting front, I'm working on a cardigan to give to a relative for our overseas odyssey this August. It is 1 of 2 cardigans required for the trip - plus a pair of socks. Oh, plus the cardigan I'd like to knit for myself because it is pretty and black and thus versatile and a good packing option.

Only one of my knitting fingers has begun to complain.

I think my fingers can either handle:
1. very little knitting, or
2. loads and loads of knitting

but nothing in between. Oh well, only half a front and 2 sleeves to go before I can make a start on my lovely new cardigan.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Skirt said...

HATE unravelling work - is it cos the pattern is poorly written do you think? I have found this one less clear than others.

2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home