Tuesday, April 26, 2005

A long-overdue update

I'm not entirely sure what I've been doing in the past few weeks - I sure haven't been blogging. Knitting, I guess; housework, reluctantly; lots and lots of working too.

Although the knitting has been loads of fun, it has also unfortunately created a soreness in my right hand. The Trouser is convinced that it is solely knitting-related; I feel that equal blame can be apportioned to the scroll wheel on my mouse, since I use the same finger.

At any rate, intense knitting (and thus virtually instantaneous new clothes) is off for the next little while, as I try to recuperate.

To compensate for the extra time I've had on my hands, I've done lots of boring-but-necessary chores: heaps of laundry, packing away summer and unpacking winter clothes, tidying the pantry, etc.

Like I said, boring but necessary.

I have high hopes for more excitement in the next few weeks though - The Trouser's birthday is fast approaching; my baby brother is coming back up to Auckland to graduate, which means a big fuss and a rowdy family dinner somewhere posh; plus I have all my lovely winter clothes to wear (after being packed away for a few months they feel all new again - even if only for the next few weeks).

And hopefully I'll manage a few more blogworthy thoughts... is it just me, or does winter generally dull the brain?

1 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

I wouldn't be surprised if you can get OOS from knitting, especially at the rate you've been doing it.

8:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home