Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Hoo golly!

What to choose - a venti strawberries and cream frappuccino (with cream) or three cheeseburgers? Or, in my case, a tall or grande without cream vs. 1 1/2 or 2 cheeseburgers?

Since I don't drink coffee (gives me jitters, due to abuse of it as a young person - a story to tell another day), I primarily love Starbucks for its delicious chai. It almost always tastes the same, and you never need to add sugar (I know this is because it comes in a syrup - but I like not needing to add anything, ok?).

And when it is hot, it is lovely to order a frappuccino - again, without the jittery coffee, and almost never with cream. The best kind IMHO is a chai frappuccino - which is apparently a real drink available in places other than NZ. Don't let them tell you that it's an iced chai all crushed up - it needs the milky base to make it a real chai frappuccino.

Anyway, Starbucks preferences aside, what I'd like to know is what kind of cheeseburger we're talking about exactly - since there is clearly no such thing as a standard cheeseburger.

The cheeseburger deluxe from Wendy's? Or is that too deluxe? Maybe Burger King's cheeseburger? I mean c'mon people, give us some kind of a clue along with your scary fat stats!

If pressed, I think I'd probably go for the Wendy's cheeseburger(s) and a glass of water, even on a hot day. I crave sweet less than salty, value getting carbs and protein, and am still trying to keep my sugar intake low (related to the coffee jitters). Given a choice between the BK and the frappuccino, I'd probably give up and eat potato chips instead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Geekery said...

Who really cares what kind of cheesburger (If it were me, btw, I'g go for some Wendy's Bacon Cheesburgers...) or how much fat/calories/sugar/etc your favourite vice has, the main thing is moderation and exercise.

If a website really wants to bag a company do it for some realistic reason, like the anti competative nature of Starbucks, not for fat content of their drinks.

As for me, when winter comes again, I'll be at Starbucks drinking Hot Chocolate, now how many cheeseburgers is that :-)

11:09 am  
Blogger The Skirt said...

Yeh, I'm a big bacon cheeseburger fan too - I wasn't sure if that counted since it had bacon in it, but it is definitely the nicest red meat-based burger I've had in a long time.

To be fair, Starbucks Gossip does discuss more than just the calorie count of the drinks - but the idea of choosing between a burger and a frappuccino kinda caught my imagination more than the serious (and arguably more important) stuff.

4:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home