Wednesday, January 19, 2005

So it begins

So. After reading lots and lots of other people's blogs, I now have my own. No pressure to think of something clever to write or anything, huh?

Of course, I had plenty of things I was burning to say today at work - but in a fit of super-conscientious behaviour I thought it would be wise to get on with the various tasks at hand, rather than spend time on personal stuff. I have quite a few projects on the go at the moment, so it also makes sense to get as much work done as possible. And of course, the sooner the work's done, the sooner I can walk home, open the balcony doors and enjoy the nice weather.

It isn't that I don't enjoy myself at work - it's just that I enjoy hanging out at home a lot more. I like to be able to open windows, kick my shoes off, or get a glass of water without climbing up and down stairs. Actually, I occasionally kick my shoes off at work too. But I'm short enough as it is, and no one seems to have noticed yet.

Anyway, it's nice to be able to slope off home while other people are still working and have a little time to myself - even if it is only spent idly leafing through cookbooks or watching trashy tv. Even though it's all kosher, it feels vaguely illicit - and I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home