Friday, January 21, 2005

Email marketing really works

It's true, it does!

I know this not only because of my professional experience, but also because today I was successfully converted from email prospect to actual purchaser.

You see, I receive the email newsletter from Ricochet. It is not a terribly good newsletter - nor is the website very usable or linkable-to (sorry guys, but it's true - and I'd be happy to give you some advice in exchange for some free clothes!). However, I do rather love their clothes (not a whole outfit worn at once, but individual pieces worn with other clothes). And due to some silliness on my part, I receive the email newsletter both at work and at home.

So when I received the newsletter at work on Wednesday with news of a sale on sale items, it made me think about dropping in. And when I found the same newsletter on my home email yesterday, it gently reminded me to go and take a look.

Which I did this lunchtime, with my faithful co-worker, who always puts up with me wandering into shops when we go to get lunch. To be fair, she likes looking too.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I am now the proud owner of one black, knee-length, short-and-puffed-sleeve jacket that was 45% off. And I never would have made the effort unless I'd received the email. So email marketing really does work.

(Yay I love new clothes!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home